Announcement

Collapse

Message board is no longer active

This is an archive of the Be-Mag message board. The message board is no longer active. Read more.
See more
See less

Dear Billy Fish "PLEASE READ AND ANSWER"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by bobgross View Post
    TRAVIS STEENSLID?
    AS IN "There's also no trick here" TRAVIS STEENSLID?

    YOU ARE THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME
    Thanks my man!
    Those were good times back then. I'm actually heading to So Cal tomorrow for a friend's wedding, and I'm looking forward to hanging out with the dudes I bladed with back then. No drama. No worrying about who's sponsored by who, or who is getting what. Just putting the blades on, and skating with friends. That's really all rollerblading has ever been about.

    Comment


      holy shit youre travis
      best dude

      Comment


        "you're in my runway"
        "well this is my angle"
        ...
        "you're in my way again"
        "well this is my angle AGAIN, you see how we're just going in circles here?"

        Comment


          Originally posted by Mahmoud Jalloh View Post
          "you're in my runway"
          "well this is my angle"
          ...
          "you're in my way again"
          "well this is my angle AGAIN, you see how we're just going in circles here?"
          appressed.

          Comment


            Comment


              gromming so hard right now

              Comment


                Hahaha. I guess it's good to be known for something, right?
                My favorite part of that whole skit was Chris' outfits. Those ice dancing tuxes were boss.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by TEEN IDOL View Post
                  Hahaha. I guess it's good to be known for something, right?
                  My favorite part of that whole skit was Chris' outfits. Those ice dancing tuxes were boss.
                  haha fuck yeah
                  Awesome thread https://www.be-mag.com/msgboard/gossip/1774972-awesome-thread

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by smokes View Post
                    P.S. bostonsk8er, who are you? I've been living in Boston for all 26 years of my life and I have no idea who you are. I don't think you should be saying anything really about Fish "hiding like a bitch." My name is Andrew Smolak I live in Brighton and I would LOVE to see you say that to Fish in person. I can arrange it if you would like.
                    <3 smokes

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by smokes View Post
                      My name is Andrew Smolak I live in Brighton and I would LOVE to see you say that to Fish in person. I can arrange it if you would like.
                      I don't care much about meeting Fish, however feel free to arrange any session you may like when I'm there !

                      November, somewhere between the 15th -23d... Down to shred around Boston, Smoke !?

                      Comment


                        So I just heard a very inside (came from the same vagina) source's opinion on all of this........

                        But I completely forgot what he said now....DRATS!!!!!!!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by smokes View Post
                          P.S. bostonsk8er, who are you? I've been living in Boston for all 26 years of my life and I have no idea who you are. I don't think you should be saying anything really about Fish "hiding like a bitch." My name is Andrew Smolak I live in Brighton and I would LOVE to see you say that to Fish in person. I can arrange it if you would like.
                          i calls it like i sees it. not that i have any respect for CK don't get me wrong. and i think i've heard of you. doubt much you've heard of me. i'm new to the internets and used to keep mostly to myself until the last couple years. Name's john olson. and yeah, i'd say it to fish straight up. protecting the paycheck is mad weak. it's not meant to offend, simply pointing out the obvious.
                          Boston Blading Society: www.bostonbladingsociety.wordpress.com

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by smokes View Post
                            This thread is just pure chaos. Why don't you all strap up and shut up.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by smokes View Post
                              P.S. bostonsk8er, who are you? I've been living in Boston for all 26 years of my life and I have no idea who you are. I don't think you should be saying anything really about Fish "hiding like a bitch." My name is Andrew Smolak I live in Brighton and I would LOVE to see you say that to Fish in person. I can arrange it if you would like.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by nameant View Post
                                The whole skater owned concept is overstressed. We're all fucking hypocrites. Unless every time you go skate, everything on your body is made from a skater, what does it matter if your skates are? What's the difference between dishing out $300 for skates/frames/wheels that are skater owned, when you're rocking a Target v-neck and some name brand jeans, boxers, and socks? Rollerblade tees are $20-$30, the jeans are $50-$70. That's ALSO money that could be put into skater owned companies. You think you're any better for rocking Nihms, Create Originals, and Street Artist wheels, when your wardrobe comes from a fuckin department store? I have tried to skate certain brands of skates based on who the owner was, or how dope I thought the company was, but then I got tired of riding skates I don't really like, for the wrong reasons. Skate whatever the fuck you like, whether it's skater owned or not. The bottom line is, your money is going back into the industry. No company is in rollerblading for the money. Even the big, non skater owned companies can go out and make more money elsewhere. Unless every time you go out to skate, you're rocking a skater owned tee, jeans, boxers, socks, skates, frames, wheels, bearings, and shoes, get off your high horse about this skater owned shit.
                                I make 80% of the clothes I wear from thrift store jeans and shirts I resew to custom fit me. I don't wear skater owned clothes that are made in the Philippines/Indonesia in sweat shops (Vibralux/most other skate companies), and the only non thrift stuff I rock is Haynes, Low Life, and Kaspa shirts and random socks from wherever (although most of my socks are 3 or 4 years old).
                                Just because something is skater owned doesn't make it amazing. Most skater owned companies (including ones I skate for) are exploiting rollerbladers and/or people overseas in one way or another.

                                I think a lot about the fact that I skate a skate (NIMHs) that are made in a factory somewhere that is probably sub-par as far as safety standards and pay, but I also work jobs with sub-par safety standards and pay, and I use the skates to do a job with sub-par safety standards and pay, so what the fuck can I really say about it?!?

                                Basically, the only way to boycott sub-par treatment of humans in rollerblading is to buy used skates and parts from thrift/second hand stores in order to stop supporting the rollerblading economy and/or make your own products (Not that I do that, or plan on doing that).

                                It's really up to rollerbladers to take charge and be business minded to raise our own economy out of the gutter and make shit happen. You can't complain about a pay check from a rollerblading company when they've made you sign NO CONTRACT that ensures loyalty. If everyone on USD wanted to, they could save up, pool their money, and start their own company that was exactly the same company without the previous owners being involved. Hell, they could even make the skates almost exactly the same. Apparently, they don't want to do that. I don't know why they don't want to (because I would), but, they don't, and they're in that position, and it's their right to do whatever the fuck they want.

                                If no one in rollerblading cares enough, outsiders will always own the larger part of the industry, and they will control the money.

                                But, fuck, rollerblading's whole economy could tank in a couple years, and then at least none of the pros would be stuck holding the bill.

                                *EDIT*
                                Also, if USD pros are making on or around $1,300 a month, USD is giving them enough money to go out and buy their own health insurance and still live pretty decently. They'd be left with around $1,100 dollars to do with whatever they want. Last time I checked, that's plenty to live off of and save a little with as well.

                                Do what you can with what you're given and your next step up will come into the light.
                                Last edited by xxxx; 30.09.2010, 20:36.
                                www.southboundconnection.com

                                www.southboundconnection.com

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by xxxx View Post
                                  I make 80% of the clothes I wear from thrift store jeans and shirts I resew to custom fit me. I don't wear skater owned clothes that are made in the Philippines/Indonesia in sweat shops (Vibralux/most other skate companies), and the only non thrift stuff I rock is Haynes, Low Life, and Kaspa shirts and random socks from wherever (although most of my socks are 3 or 4 years old).
                                  Just because something is skater owned doesn't make it amazing. Most skater owned companies (including ones I skate for) are exploiting rollerbladers and/or people overseas in one way or another.

                                  I think a lot about the fact that I skate a skate (NIMHs) that are made in a factory somewhere that is probably sub-par as far as safety standards and pay, but I also work jobs with sub-par safety standards and pay, and I use the skates to do a job with sub-par safety standards and pay, so what the fuck can I really say about it?!?

                                  Basically, the only way to boycott sub-par treatment of humans in rollerblading is to buy used skates and parts from thrift/second hand stores in order to stop supporting the rollerblading economy and/or make your own products (Not that I do that, or plan on doing that).

                                  It's really up to rollerbladers to take charge and be business minded to raise our own economy out of the gutter and make shit happen. You can't complain about a pay check from a rollerblading company when they've made you sign NO CONTRACT that ensures loyalty. If everyone on USD wanted to, they could save up, pool their money, and start their own company that was exactly the same company without the previous owners being involved. Hell, they could even make the skates almost exactly the same. Apparently, they don't want to do that. I don't know why they don't want to (because I would), but, they don't, and they're in that position, and it's their right to do whatever the fuck they want.

                                  If no one in rollerblading cares enough, outsiders will always own the larger part of the industry, and they will control the money.

                                  But, fuck, rollerblading's whole economy could tank in a couple years, and then at least none of the pros would be stuck holding the bill.

                                  *EDIT*
                                  Also, if USD pros are making on or around $1,300 a month, USD is giving them enough money to go out and buy their own health insurance and still live pretty decently. They'd be left with around $1,100 dollars to do with whatever they want. Last time I checked, that's plenty to live off of and save a little with as well.

                                  Do what you can with what you're given and your next step up will come into the light.
                                  I only buy shirts that are made by Indonesians in sweatshops.
                                  That way i'm supporting my heritage.
                                  soon.

                                  Comment


                                    deep stuff. and all true. personally i like the conferences products, and if you work for them, and are happy with the pay then great. if not, its not on us as a community to fix it. its up to you to either talk to your boss about it or find another job. real life.
                                    Boston Blading Society: www.bostonbladingsociety.wordpress.com

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by bobgross View Post
                                      I only buy shirts that are made by Indonesians in sweatshops.
                                      That way i'm supporting my heritage.
                                      www.full-of-win.orgasm

                                      Comment


                                        FUCKING LINGERERS...

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by bobgross View Post
                                          I only buy shirts that are made by Indonesians in sweatshops.
                                          That way i'm supporting my heritage.
                                          Booooooom.
                                          Got me.
                                          hahahahaha

                                          I mean...if that's what's up, that's what's up.
                                          www.southboundconnection.com

                                          www.southboundconnection.com

                                          Comment


                                            Although, as a more serious argument to your statement, being in a sweatshop is a lot better than what some of the other kids have to do over there.
                                            You see 6 year old kids standing out in the middle of the street all day, so that when people stop they can knock on their windows and try to sell them food.

                                            And barely anyone stops, because that's just how Indonesia is. They're so obsessed with status and luxury over there, Americans care more about Indonesia's poor population (which is a good chunk) than actual Indonesians do.
                                            One reason why I hate being over there.


                                            On another note, this thread has every kind of discussion ever in it.
                                            Last edited by bobgross; 30.09.2010, 23:22. Reason: edited for clarity
                                            soon.

                                            Comment


                                              I dig that. I've had that conversation with my friends, that a sweatshop is better than no job at all, or even worse, something like prostitution. However, I can't really say that the less of two evils is better. If Americans (as one, if not the, prime importers of their goods) would say that they wanted some of the practices changed, the Indonesian government would work for at least a little (albeit lacking) reform. Regardless of all that though...

                                              I just read Billy's responses and I'd like to say that if Billy O'Neil had to quit skating and was penniless, he could crash on my couch and eat my food for a while to get back on his feet. That's a promise.

                                              Billy answered those questions like a true professional. His answers were concise and made perfect sense.
                                              I applaud him.
                                              www.southboundconnection.com

                                              www.southboundconnection.com

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by xxxx View Post
                                                I dig that. I've had that conversation with my friends, that a sweatshop is better than no job at all, or even worse, something like prostitution. However, I can't really say that the less of two evils is better. If Americans (as one, if not the, prime importers of their goods) would say that they wanted some of the practices changed, the Indonesian government would work for at least a little (albeit lacking) reform. Regardless of all that though...

                                                I just read Billy's responses and I'd like to say that if Billy O'Neil had to quit skating and was penniless, he could crash on my couch and eat my food for a while to get back on his feet. That's a promise.

                                                Billy answered those questions like a true professional. His answers were concise and made perfect sense.
                                                I applaud him.
                                                are you the same gumby that drinks, jumps off roofs and gets kicked in the head?

                                                Comment


                                                  OR WAS THAT JUST THE ORIGINAL GUMBY!!!!!!!!????????!?!?!?!

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by bobgross View Post
                                                    On another note, this thread has every kind of discussion ever in it.
                                                    Last i checked it still lacks boobs, politics and religion
                                                    Could do without last 2 but the first should be fixed:

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by nb View Post

                                                      blam
                                                      ​I drink too much.

                                                      Comment


                                                        HOF it. it finally died.
                                                        Boston Blading Society: www.bostonbladingsociety.wordpress.com

                                                        Comment


                                                          -rep for bringing it back to the top.

                                                          Comment


                                                            yay, more neg rep!!!
                                                            Boston Blading Society: www.bostonbladingsociety.wordpress.com

                                                            Comment


                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X